At ECN Capital’s Aviation Finance business, we arrange, co-invest in and manage portfolios of commercial aviation assets on behalf of institutional investors.
We have extensive and longstanding relationships with leading global aircraft lessors, major manufacturers, and certain global airlines. The depth and breadth of our industry network, combined with our well-established relationships with institutional co-investors, gives us unrivaled access to innovative strategic financing solutions for aviation assets.
Our aviation financing targets include commercial and regional jet aircraft, select turboprop aircraft, and aircraft engines. We have a particular focus on the liquid, in-production aircraft – on lease to global airlines – throughout their useful lives.
Why ECN Capital
- Expertise in many types of aviation financing
- Deep relationships across the sector
- Trusted advisors in complex aviation financing transactions
- Industry-leading administrative support for institutional investors
Products and services
- Originating and arranging aviation sector assets
- Managing re-leasing, servicing and aircraft maintenance management through expert third parties
- Structuring, co-investing in and managing portfolios of commercial aviation funds (“ECAF Family Funds”) on behalf of institutional investors
- ECAF I – a commercial aviation fund – secured by a US$1.4+ billion portfolio of 48 commercial passenger aircraft on lease to 34 airlines globally through the issuance of US$1.2 billion of debt plus US$320 million of equity.
- ECAF I has been the recipient of several awards for its ground-breaking structure including “Debt Deal of the Year – 2015” from Airline Economics, “Aviation ABS Deal of the Year – 2015” from Global Transport Finance and “North America Deal of the Year – 2015” from Airfinance Journal.